NEPAL ELEPHANT SURVEY

 

                                                                         October, 2022

I began my exploration of Nepal's elephants in and around Bardia National Park. My way was facilitated by Dr. Rabin Kadariya, the lead conservation officer for the National Trust for Nature Conservation, Bardia Conservation Program. I'm pictured here with their elephant, Shanti Kali, and the mahout Hari Bahadur Chaudhry. Just after this picture was taken, elephant and mahout were dispatched into the park to join in the effort to render first aid to a troubled tiger. Reports of wild elephants in the area were very scarce so I adjusted my days to spending time with the area's captive elephants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KILIMANJARO CLIMB TANZANIA

WHERE BUFFALO ROAM

SUMATRA ELEPHANT SURVEY